Responsible Visitor Charter
Scotland, and Perthshire in particular is a wonderful place to visit. We are keen to play our small part in keeping tourism sustainable, so we are asking you to help in this by being a Responsible Visitor
- Please switch off lights when not needed
- Please close windows if the heating is on.
- Use controls on radiators to control temperature of each room.
- Boil only what you need to use in the kettle.
Rubbish and Waste
- Please recycle waste using the polypropylene bags provided.
- The label on the bag shows what you can recycle.
- Please read the information about bathroom waste.
- Our water supply comes from Loch Turret high above Crieff.
- It is clean and safe to drink.
- Please help conserve water by using it wisely
- There is a water butt at the rear to Cottage 3 for outdoor use.
- Help us to look after the environment
by taking litter home
- Dog mess should be bagged and binned
- When out and about, use the Scottish Outdoor Access Code
A car is needed to get the most out of a visit ….. but sometimes public transport makes more sense for all or part of the journey.
- Local busses go from Methven to Perth/Crieff
- Longer distance busses go from Broxden Park and Ride at Perth, and Perth Bus Station
- Trains go from Perth station.
- There are Park and Ride schemes for Perth, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
Take nothing but photographs ….. leave nothing but footprints.